TRIMreport is a report writer that combines the ease and
productivity of a 4GL with the power and control of a standard programming
language to help you quickly build reports with any level of complexity.
TRIMreport is easy to use. Because the interactive screen painter lets
you take a visual approach to laying out reports, the time
between design concept and final report is reduced to a few keystrokes. You
edit report designs by cutting and pasting database fields, on-screen
text, headers, and footers. TRIMreport lets you verify
your designs at any time with the on-screen report preview capability.
TRIMreport owes its flexibility and power to its integration
with TRIMpl. A library of calls let you execute the default
procedures provided with TRIMreport. In addition, you can
customize procedures or write new ones and execute them dynamically at runtime.
All code generated can be directly modified, and with the use of
TRIMpl, the most complex functions can be accomplished.
TRIMreport allows seamless integration of reports and applications.
TRIMreport reports can call and be called by Design-Vision-generated
applications. Data can be passed from one to another, providing users the
ability to call forms to query the database and pass the relevant data
to a report without any additional programming required.
- WYSIWYG screen painter
- On-screen data definition
- On-screen data formatting
- On-screen formatting of headers, footers
- Default report layout from database dictionary
- Menu-driven commands for breaks, sub-totals, totals
- All reports in modifiable code
- Complete programming language (TRIMpl)
- Callable class libraries
- Reusable functions
- Other TRIMreport forms or TRIMapp reports callable
- Multiple trigger points can be defined for calculations
- Data transferrable between multiple applications
- Interactive symbolic debugger
- List with data/and or functions
- Built-in list functions included for views, select items, sort,
copy, and merge
- Lists accessible by multiple applications
See the Documentation for Download
page for the TRIMreport Users Guide.
Back To Top
Updated 4 Nov 2011.